Chevrolet Performance introduces new LS427/570 Crate Engine, an enhanced version of the production-based LS7 7.0L engine that offers more horsepower, more torque and, thanks to a simpler wet-sump oiling system, easier installation.
A new, high-lift camshaft developed for the engine helps it produce a GM-estimated 570 horsepower and 540 lb.-ft. of torque — increases of 65 horsepower and 70 lb.-ft. over the regular-production engine — while the new wet-sump oiling system eliminates the need for the installer to incorporate a separate oil tank, oil lines and other ancillary components to support the production LS7’s dry-sump system.
Compared to the production LS7 crate engine assembly, the LS427/570 features an F-body aluminum oil pan and a specific wet-sump oil pump. Additional engine highlights include:
- Unique high-lift hydraulic roller camshaft with 0.591-in. intake/0.590-in. exhaust lift; 227-deg. intake/ 242-deg. exhaust duration and a lobe separation angle of 116 deg.
- Unique high-rate valve springs
- Camaro fifth-generation Z/28 exhaust manifolds
- Low-profile LS7 EFI intake manifold with fuel rails, injectors and throttle body installed
- Robust LS7 rotating assembly featuring a forged steel crankshaft and titanium connecting rods
- CNC-ported cylinder heads featuring 2.20-inch titanium intake valves and 1.61-inch sodium-filled exhaust valves
- Comes assembled with 14-inch Camaro Z/28 168-tooth manual transmission flywheel
- Must be used with LS427/570 Engine Controller P/N 19420000 (sold separately)
- Chevrolet Performance recommends Mobil 1 15W50 fully synthetic motor oil to be used with the engine.